Hey guys! So we have just returned from our first family holiday at Butlins Skegness for the Just for Tots break with the Sun £9.50 holidays and I thought I would summarise our break for anyone interested in going!
The three of us went to me, drew and Parker (aged 21 months)
My mum collected the Sun holiday tokens for us and I’m so glad she did- a Monday to Friday break for 3 of us with Park passes and linen came to the bargain price of…….. £91.00.
Yes you heard it right! So cheap! I’m going to be honest for this price I wasn’t having high hopes for the accommodation or room location.
We went on a room only basis as I thought an apartment would be a waste because I don’t know about you but I don’t go on holiday to cook!
So I am going to summarise our break below other wise this is going to end up being a novel so queue the bullet points!
- The Sun holidays are so easy to book even the simple-ist of minds(me) did it with No problems.
- Helpful and happy Butlins staff as soon as you arrive in site, nothing was ever too much trouble.
- Surprise free upgrade was announced on check in this was a lovely added touch and nice treat- we were upgraded from a standard room to a silver.
- Lots of parking spaces close to all apartments and rooms so not too far to walk with all the luggage.
- Activities start bright and early so never time for your little ones to get bored.
- Plenty of places to eat so something for everyone- very impressed that prices wasn’t hiked up because they know they have a captive audience- Well fineness Butlins brownie points to you!
- Amazing pool and facilities that was excellent for all ages- staff lovely and helpful and I even had a joke with them about the sign language they use to each other to communicate when they see something to watch out for because they cannot hear over voices, music and flumes.
- Great indoor soft play which was a godsend as we had 3.5 days of rain out of our 5 day stay!
- Tots disco from 6.30pm which was the perfect end to our day ready for Parker to go to bed at 7pm.
- Lovely beach front walk from the Butlins site across into Ingoldmells.
- Spar shop on site for all amenities- we got lunch here quite regular as prices where the same as you would find at home.
- Funfair included in the price of your stay. I didn’t think Parker would be able to go on any rides alone given his age. How wrong was I, he enjoyed all the rides in the kiddies section of the fun fair.
- Butlins store to get souvenirs of your stay. Super impressed with prices we got Parker a cup and cushion which came to just over £10 for the pair!
Over all we had a fantastic stay and would rate this break 9/10 they only critisim I would give to make it a 10/10 would be…..
Things I would change
- The funfair doesn’t start until 12 noon this should be 9 or 10am especially on Tots stays when kids are up and on early doors.
- The games room and soft play room close at 6pm this could do to be 8pm as when Parker was asleep in his pushchair one night me and his daddy would of quite liked an hour of gaming fun wether it be slot machines or table tennis.
These minor things are the only bit of feedback I would offer.
Butlins you have been fab and I look forward to seeing you again maybe later in 2017!
check out my last post here