Being a mother who works as well as looks after the home can be super hard one. One thing I struggled with in the beginning was keeping the home clean and tidy with a toddler running around and into everything.
Now my son is 3 years old I have learned tips and tricks along the way that may be of use to some of you.
- Antibacterial sprays – Kids touch all kinds of filthy things then rub them around the house. I always make sure I have anti bac sprays to clean all surfaces and door handles at the end of everyday in a hope to not spread too many germs.
- Storage Solutions – Toys can soon take over the house and make it look untidy and keep them clean and off the floor storage solutions are key. My preferred type of storage are cube shelves were you can organise the toys into categories and give them a wipe down on a night before putting them away all organised ready for the next day.
- Minimal Carpet – A major change we had in our home after kids was removing any unnecessary carpets around the home. Kids spill drinks, have accidents when toilet training and crunch food into carpets and the idea of that gives me the chills. Laminate Flooring was the answer for us. A steam clean surface which dirt can be vacuumed, swept, steamed and easily seen has meant we can keep hidden dirt and germs to a minimum.
- Make a Rota – Some cleaning things like skirting and Sils can sometimes be overlooked until its too late. By making a rota of what you clean and when means everything will be done on an even cycle. Like my mum always said if everyone did a little, no one would have to do a lot. I find this method better for spreading the work load rather than spending all my work free weekends cleaning.
- Green Clothes- I Love to do my bit for the environment, some times in the house you need to change some items regularly to keep a clean sweep but that doesn’t mean we need to throw everything away. Rather then buying throw away clothes I have built a stash of well designed clothes and scowerers that will last for years to come if they get washed as per instructions. My top tip would just to always wash the cleaning clothes on a high heat on there own and run a cleaning cycle after you have done them.
What do you do to keep your home clean and tidy?
*** This is a collaboration post but all words are my own***
Quitting those cigarettes and switching to electronic cigarettes will make you look more attractive than ever. There is no single person out there today who doesn’t want to look and feel good as well. So, how will ditching the smoke help you to become more attractive? Let’s find out.
Smoking causes a wide range of side effects on the skin. One part of the skin that is really affected is the region surrounding the eyes. Cigarette smoke causes pronounced dark lines and circles to form around your eyes.
Pat Folan, director of the North Shore Centre for Tobacco Control notes that; “the skin surrounding the eyes is very sensitive and cigarette smoke causes significant damage to this sensitive tissue.” He proceeds to add that; “quitting smoking can reverse the damage to the skin thus improving your overall facial appearance.”
Smoking Causes Premature Aging
As mentioned above, smoking damages the skin in many ways. Most notable, the harmful chemicals in cigarettes damage the two main components of your skin, collagen and elastin. Limited quantities of these two key constituents causes the skin to lose its strength, elasticity, and youthful firmness.
Quitting cigarettes can also have an impact on your hair making it more shiny, luscious and even smell better (no thanks to the smoke).
Moreover, your hair is able to stay longer in place after styling. The thousands of harmful chemicals in cigarette smoke damage hair follicles making them frail, thereby contribute to gradual hair loss. So, your hair will not only look better and smell better, but it will also be stronger and healthier.
No More Stained Teeth
The tar in cigarette smoke passes through your mouth and into your lungs. During this process, it has a negative impact on the health of your teeth, lips and mouth.
Cigarettes and other tobacco products can expose you to the risk of developing a variety of health conditions such as mouth sores, gum recession, bad breath, gum discolouration, tooth loss, loss of taste and even oral/mouth cancer.
One way to tell a smoker from a non-smoker is the yellow colour of their teeth. The discolouration of your teeth can be reversed if you decide to quit smoking as soon as possible.
Abinash Achrekah MD, MPH, assistant professor of medicine in (cardiology) at the University of New Mexico says, “Most negative side effects of smoking that affect the mouth can be reversed, such as yellowed teeth and bad breath.”
Sadly, however, he notes that health conditions such as oral cancer are not easily reversible.
Stain Remover for Nails
A good number of smokers may not know this, but smoking does cause staining and discolouration of the fingers and hands. After you quit smoking, your body will immediately begin to show you signs of progress as your stained fingernails are gradually replaced by fresh new fingernails. Eventually, the discolouration’s and stains will be long gone once the new fingernails replace the old ones. An AYR can help you quit smoking so that you hand, and fingernails stay in top-shape.
(A Bonus One for The Ladies …)
Smoking interferes with the elasticity of your skin causing certain body parts to sag, typically much earlier than they should.
The most affected parts pf the body are the breasts and upper arms but as highlighted above by Pat Folan, “Quitting cigarettes can restore the health of your skin.”
There is still some light at the end of the tunnel. All you need to do is ditch the cigarettes and switch to the AYR.
(Not Forgetting the Gents …)
Smoking affects blood supply and health of blood vessels. It can therefore lead to conditions such as erectile dysfunction and even impotence. These conditions can affect men of all ages. Research has revealed that men who smoke are more likely to suffer from these conditions than men who don’t.
Luckily, if you quit those cigarettes, your overall health is bound to improve, and your sexual health and performance will not be too far behind.
*** This is a Collaboration Post***