I don’t know about any one else but I can quiet often be a but guilty of just wanting to stay home and snuggled up on Autumn weekends when there is a chill in the air, but this year I have made an effort to have things planned a few of the weekends.
Here are a few ideas to get us started- why not try them too!
- Go Conker picking- I used to love this as a kid so I’m sure P will too although he is super accident prone, I think conkers flying around could be end in disaster but I will have the general accident contact number on me.
- Wrap up warm and go on some nature walks- some of the prettiest pictures are caputured in Autumn
- If you have a gardener like me- ask them to save you a bag of leaves from clearing the garden for leaf printing
- Have an outdoor fire pit and cosy round and toast marshmallows-we had one built into our garden design as they are so multi use for burning rubbish and confidential items and well as getting cosy
- Make Dens using slides and swings and cover in old sheets to make cosy at look up at the stars
- On a more mild evening pop up a tent in the garden and have a camping party
- Find a local pumpkin patch near Halloween and go and choose your own pumpkin
- Indoor soft play is an option if weather is not good. After all rainy days make me want to stay home more.
- Plan a family bike ride- if your kids are small there are lots of seat options available- I love to see small kiddies in the little trailer carts.
- Museums are a great place to take kids to broaden there knowledge and they are open all year round and most of the time they are free. We are lucky our town has three.
What is your favourite Autumn activity?
If you like reading parenting blogs go over and say hi to my friend Samantha on her blog Stressed Mum you won’t be disappointed
** This is a collaboration post but all views are honest and my own***