I don’t know about any one else but I cannot comprehend that it is 3 months since we have been in a worldwide lock down due to the Coronavirus pandemic!
With a 4 year old at home due to school closures and a 7 week old baby to entertain life has been hard. Something that has been getting us through these tough times is child friendly recipes that we can whip up during a nap, and socially distance deliver to our family and friends.
A go to repeat recipe for us has been these super easy super tasty chocolate cookies, For them you will need
- 100g brown sugar
- 125g unsalted block butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 200g chocolate (any kind!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.Pre-heat oven to 200oc Place butter and sugar in large bowl and mix well
- add the egg and vanilla essence and mix again
- sieve in flour and salt to mix and combine well.
- Cut the chocolate, but not to finely and add. Mix together then roll balls of mixture to about 2cm by 2cm and place on a baking tray with baking parchment on. Be careful not to put the cookies too close together.
- Place in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes. Repeat until all cookies are cooked.
- I use different kinds of chocolate and add nuts. For double chocolate cookies simply replace 50g flour with 75g chocolate powder.
Why not have a go and tag me in your pictures on instagram @honestmumsthoughts I would love to see them.
If you fancy trying out some other recipes try Nicolas Peanut butter Banana Bread, Kate’s Muffins, Carlys Basic Banana Bread, Jane’s Amazing Looking Rocky Road or lastly Jaymee’s 3 ingredient fork biscuits.
Thanks Ladies for making me hungry and giving me new inspiration for next week. Rocky road is going to be the first try, Thanks Jane
If you fancy a tasty savoury treat before you make some delicious cookies did you know that you can order a McDonald’s for click and collect! Revolutionary i know. Right excuse me while I go eat my body weight in big macs and cookies.