Recently I held a cake stall for charity and the amount of people that commented on my Cadbury Creme Egg cupcakes were insane.
In my Mothers Day Gift Guide I included my fantastic new Vonshef Mixer which made making these cupcakes effortless.
So if you like the look of my scummy cupcakes here is how to make 12 for you and your family.
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 150g Baking Butter or Margarine
- 25g Coco Powder
- 3 Large Free Range Eggs
- 2 Table spoons of Milk
- 500ml Double Cream
- 12 Creme Eggs
- 600g Icing Sugar
- 300g High Fat butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- Line a 12 cupcake tray with cases
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Using a stand mixer for ease cream 150g butter with 150g caster sugar
- With a mixer on low add one egg at a time blending in between each addition
- Sieve your flour and coco powder then with the mixer still on low add the flour and coco powder mix a table spoon at a time until all has been incorporated
- If your mix looks slightly too thick add the 2 tablespoons of milk now.
- Finish the mixture off with a hand spatula to make sure all mixture is combined from the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon even amounts into the cupcake pan. 2/3 full is the perfect amount
- Bake in the oven for 22 Minutes at 175 degrees
- While the cupcakes are baking make your creme egg ganache
- Chop 6 Creme eggs into small pieces
- To make your ganache put your double cream into a sauce pan and heat to below boiling point
- When bubbles start to appear remove the pan from the heat and add your 6 chopped up creme eggs
- Stir vigorously continuously until all the eggs have melted and the mixture becomes a thick sauce like texture.
- To make the frosting whip your high fat butter in a clean mixing bowl for 5 minutes until the butter is white and fluffy.
- While whisking your butter melt your dark chocolate over a bain Marie
- After 5 minutes add your sifted icing sugar slowly to the butter until all combined
- When all combined all your melted chocolate into the mixture whisk until a fudge frosting is formed.
Leave cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes before assembly-
- Core out the middle of the cupcake with a cupcake corer or apple corer does the same job
- Fill a zip lock food back with your creme egg ganche
- Snip the corner of the bag on an angle to create a disposible piping back
- Pipe ganche into centre of cupcakes
- Add frosting to a large piping back with a star nozzle
- pipe a star swirl onto each cupcake to hide the ganache hole
- Cut your remaining 6 cupcakes in half and add half to each cupcake.
Walah!! Your gorgeous scrummy cupcakes are complete.
Have you made these cakes before or will you be trying mine?